Acid protection and joint sealing to concrete bunds as part of the Yara Nitrates Project.
The project is an expansion of the existing Yara Pilbara Nitrates plant, and will supply ammonium nitrate principally to mining customers in the Pilbara as a component for creating ammonium nitrate fuel oil, which is used in explosives.
The scope involved working alongside various work groups under strict timeframes which was challenging as surfaces had to be kept clean and free from contaminates prior to coating.
Surface preparation included abrasive blasting and grinding. Concrete repair was carried out prior to coating with the final 3 coat system being applied using airless spray units.
- Challenges on the project included working around the many other trades and maintaining strict environmental controls over dust and paint overspray.
- Over 4,000m2 of concrete was treated.
- Duratec completed the works incident free.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Acid Protection