Duratec was engaged by BHP to bring their deteriorated strong acid bund back to its original condition.
The concrete surfaces were prepared by a combination of hydroblasting and mechanical means before degraded patches were repaired with RenderRoc HB40. A high performance Steuler self-levelling flexible epoxy system provided the final protection.
Challenges included working in extreme heat with full air- fed acid suit protection that were specially imported from overseas.
- 1200m2 of acid proof coatings and 400m2 of acid bricks were installed. This equates to over 17,000 acid bricks and 30,000kgs of products installed.
- Acid contaminated waste materials were removed and treated off-site.
- Attention to detail to the jointing system is critical to the success of the final system.
- The project received positive feedback from the client with high safety achievement recognition.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Acid Protection