Duratec was engaged to apply a vinyl ester protection system to the new bunds.
Coogee’s chlor-alkali manufacturing facility is located at the Port of Brisbane and produces sodium hypochlorite, hydrochloric acid and caustic soda for the water treatment industry and local industrial customers.
The scope of works included:
- Surface preparation and priming.
- Application of chop strand mat, surface tissue and woven roving.
- Broadcast application of non-slip aggregate.
- Finishing coat of epoxy vinyl ester resin.
- Prior to this project, Duratec remediated brine bunds at the plant.
- The products were nominated by Duratec Australia.
- Application was project supervised by Malcolm Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Acid Protection