Duratec was engaged to provide an access system to conduct a full condition survey of a 180m tall brick lined chimney stack at Vales Point Power Station.
Challenged by the absence of any existing access system, Duratec constructed a scaffold structure on the ground which was lifted by helicopter into place at the chimney crown.
From here further suspended scaffold swing stages were hung allowing full internal access. This method allowed significant time savings during the production outage period.
- Detailed concrete survey, core sample extraction, testing and analysis.
- Reinstatement of weather seals.
- Inspection of gas seals and brick lining.
- Laboratory analysis of brick and mortar samples.
- Inspection and testing of lightning protection systems.
- Industrial Chimney
- Condition Assessment
- Non Destructive Testing & Structural Health Monitoring