Blast and paint refurbishment works to 7 CIL tanks at their Tropicana Gold Mine in WA.
The scope includes:
Tank drainage and cleaning
Including isolation of pumps, manway and cleanout door.
Inspection and reporting
Visual inspection of the inside of the tank, launders and agitator to document any compromised areas.
Complete baffle replacement
Full height baffles were fabricated and coated off site to minimise the amount of time the tanks were offline.
Launder isolation gate guide installation
The incoming launders require additional gate guides to be installed to enable a secondary manual gate to be installed prior to future maintenance activities.
Application of wear resistant internal coating
The floor and bottom 3 strakes and internal surfaces of the manhole require coating with a polyurea/polyurethane hybrid coating to DFT 2000μm. In addition full height baffles and baffle supports will be coated to DFT 4000μm.
Repair and protection of damaged areas
Launder and screen housing areas are corroded and require mechanical repairs and re-coating.
Inspection and repair of agitator shaft and blades
Including protective coatings.
- Duratec will project manage the complete works including mechanical repairs and NDT testing.
- Baffles will be fabricated and coated off site to speed up installation and minimise downtime.
- A new baffle design was proposed by Duratec to minimise future wear on coatings and steelwork.
- Duratec is currently completing a number of other projects on site such as concrete repair and joint sealing.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services