Located in the heart of a busy port facility, Berth 18-20 is an important part of Flinders Ports’ infrastructure and port operations.
The structure had deteriorated significantly and required significant rehabilitation to bring it up to an acceptable condition to continue operating safely and effectively into the future.
Duratec was engaged by Flinders Ports to perform the remediation works which included:
- Removal and disposal of existing asbestos watermain pipe from front face of wharf.
- Site assembly and installation of access systems.
- Identification of existing wharf mounted services.
- Removal and reinstatement of existing wharf furniture including bollards and timber kerbing.
- Removal of existing horizontal and vertical timber fenders.
- Demolition of deteriorated concrete on vertical concrete stiffeners, coping beam and front face using hydrodemolition techniques.
- Form and pour/concrete placement.
- Abrasive blasting and painting of north wingwall.
- Removal of existing ladders and replacement with new.
- Arch fender connection fixing replacement.
- Installation of new HDPE coping beam fenders.
- In keeping with Duratec’s commitment to innovation we designed a bespoke, lightweight formwork solution that protected the workforce from excess manual handling and reduced program duration.
- Completed the works with no LTIs or significant incidents.
- Completed the works within tight deadlines and constraints of working in inter-tidal zone despite
significant scope increase.
- Concrete Repair
- Asbestos & Lead Paint Removal