Duratec was engaged by Seqwater to remediate 12,500m2 of existing above ground pipeline.
The pipeline is located between Mount Crosby East Bank Pump Station and the corner of Mount Crosby and Kangaroo Gully Roads in Anstead, 16km south-west of the Brisbane CBD.
The scope included:
- Clearing and excavation.
- Erection of scaffolding and encapsulation. High pressure wash of pipe externals.
- Abrasive blasting.
- Application of primer paint.
- Application of protective coating.
- Crack repairs to concrete headwalls.
- Concrete repairs to support plinths.
There were also a number of areas which required repair/ replacement and recoating of the existing wrap coating system which included the interfacing of wrap coatings both above and below ground with new protective paint coatings.
- All work areas were evaluated in terms of required traffic management before any works commenced to ensure safety to the public and to plan any traffic management so that minimal disruption was caused.
- Work methodologies were selected around minimisation of impact on the local community, including methodologies selected to reduce noise impact on nearby residents.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Coating Inspection & Specifications