Duratec was selected by Rio Tinto Dampier Salt Ltd (DSL) to install a high performance corrosion protection system and perform concrete repairs at their Dampier wash plant.
The plant washes freshly-harvested salt to remove impurities and is capable of 1,200 tonnes per hour production. The resulting high quality export grade salt is then conveyed to 600,000 tonne stockpiles ready for direct shipping overseas.
During a 28 day shutdown, the wash plant steelwork, which had been affected by its corrosive environment, was abrasive blasted to AS1627.4 Class 21/2 before two coats of Interzone 954 was applied to a minimum 600 microns dry film thickness. Duratec’s NACE 3 inspector ensured that the final system complied with the client’s specification. A high level of quality control was maintained throughout the entire process.
The scope also included performing concrete repairs to three suspended concrete floors including crack injection, concrete repair and waterproofing.
- The structural column bases were protected using Polibrid 705E elastomeric urethane to completely encapsulate and protect the footings.
- The project was delivered with commendation from the client for our safety and quality performance.
- Two separate coats of different colours (assisting in uniform application) of Interzone 954 was applied.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings