Duratec was engaged by Downer EDI to assist with surface preparation and external coatings.
Rio Tinto’s Pilbara operations, including an integrated network of 15 iron ore mines, four port facilities, a 1,700km rail network and related infrastructure, are designed to respond rapidly to changes in demand.
Currently Rio Tinto are expanding their Pilbara operations and this includes the construction of additional fuel storage facilities at their Parker Point iron ore port in Dampier. The main construction site consists of two carbon steel diesel tanks holding 28ML each.
The Duratec team consisted of a Project Supervisor, QA/QC Inspectors and experienced Blasters and Painters for both diesel tank coating jobs.
Duratec’s Project Supervisor and QA/QC Inspectors worked closely with the Rio Tinto and Downer EDI Quality Assurance Teams to ensure that all works were completed to the stringent paint specification requirements – a complex task on such a large scale project.
- Using combination of knowledge and experience to deliver the best quality product to the client.
- Duratec’s experienced local Karratha personnel were utilised for the works providing a cost effective labour solution for the client.
- Successfully completing work to high quality standard.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services