This project involved the remediation of electrical equipment within 12 buildings at RAAF Base Townsville, to ensure the buildings were compliant to Hazardous Area (HA) Electrical Standards.
Main project objectives:
- Coordination of program with multiple power isolations to suit Defence stakeholders.
- Disconnection and removal of non-compliant electrical equipment and cables.
- Supply and installation of HA compliant new electrical/fire equipment and cables.
- Modifications to current switchboards and fire indicator panels to suit new equipment installed.
- Draft of new HA signage drawings, manufacture and installation of new etched stainless steel signage.
- Creation and compilation of the HA dossier for each building.
- 12 Buildings at RAAF Base Townsville now HA compliant.
- HA verification dossiers created and compiled for all 12 buildings.
- New compliant etched stainless steel hazardous area diagram signage installed throughout the buildings.