The scope of works addressed fire safety non-compliances for LIA buildings P023 and P024.
Main project objectives:
- Demolition of multi-level stairwell partitions and installation of new fire rated partitions, fire doors, hardware and signage.
- Removal and reinstatement of all related electrical, dry fire devices and associated cables in compliance with certifiable passive fire requirements.
- Close off access to under-stair storage areas and provision of new access to the enclosures from outside, with demolition of existing elements. Installation of new partitions with secure doors and signage, improving existing structures.
- Design and construct of new handrail and balustrade system to eliminate lead paint works risk in original scope. The innovative change provided the end user with a fit-for- purpose product with superior warranty.
- Overall positive feedback from all stakeholders including the aluminium design and construct handrail/balustrade system.
- Project delivered ahead of contract program.
- Nil head contract variations.
- Nil defects at practical completion.
- Complete HOTO delivered at practical completion.
- Nil safety incidents.
- Nil issues with client/stakeholders during the works.
- Electrical Upgrades