Duratec was engaged to complete a full facade refurbishment of the Otto Hirschfeld building at St Lucia Campus, University of Queensland, which houses offices and labs for the Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology.
The scope of works included:
- Dilapidation survey of the façade.
- Concrete repair of the redundant fixings.
- Repair of drummy render to underside, tops and edges of sunhoods.
- Pointing of bricks.
- Repair of construction joints on the beams and sunhoods.
- Repair of cracks in concrete.
- Cleaning of the building facade.
- Painting of all external concrete surfaces (beams, sunhoods, soffits, columns etc.).
- All works completed to stringent quality standards.
- Duratec was able to offer additional value by installing extra joints in the render to allow movement.
- Works were conducted with minimal impact to the building occupants by scheduling noisy works around university class timetables.
- Concrete Repair
- Joint Sealing