The Optus Stadium will open in early 2018 and will be a multi-purpose venue capable of hosting sporting and entertainment events.
With a ‘fans first’ approach to design and technology, it will have 60,000 seating capacity.
Duratec’s in-house Level 2 and Level 3 IRATA Rope Access Technicians were engaged by MakMax Australia to assist in installing the custom-made fabric that comprises the roof canopy. Safety nets were utilised in conjunction with rope access techniques.
The scope included:
- Rigging safety systems to work on trafficable fabric with pitches greater than 15°.
- Hauling up roof sections with winches and installing them between the steel structure voids whilst under suspension.
- Tensioning the roof fabric after initial installation.
- Cleaning structure using aid climbing for access.
- Safety net installation is a proven engineered solution aimed at removing the hazards encountered when working at height.
- Project completion in time for opening.
- Height Safety Systems Design & Installation
- Specialist Civil Services
- Technical Lifting & Rigging