Duratec was engaged by Rio Tinto Project to replace the train positioner support rails at car dumper 3, including the replacement of 5 rail support plates and associated grouting, at its Parker Point load out facility.
The scope included:
- Removal of rail clips, rail sections and support plates.
- Clean up and removal of old grout.
- Installation of new support plates and grout.
- Chemical anchor bolt of new plates in to position.
- Replacement of rail clips, rail sections and support plates.
Two work fronts complete in a scheduled shut down:
Positioner rails Grouting
- Core drill 200 x 24mm diameter holes and chemical anchor 20mm diameter all thread rods.
- Epirez 280s was poured in alternating sections, 20 sections each 3.2*0.6*0.05m.
Blast & Paint Car Dumper cell floor
- Containment setup around area to reduce environmental impact and impact of other work groups in the area.
- QA was completed for both works fronts.
- Works completed the during a scheduled shutdown, both finished on time and within budget.
- Mechanical Works