O’Connor Reservoir is a 27 megalitre inground trapezoidal reservoir located in Bruce Ridge Nature Reserve and has supplied water to North Canberra for approximately 60 years.
Duratec was engaged by Icon Water to rectify deterioration of the joint sealing material and concrete due to water seepage, leading to saturation and weakening of surrounding embankments as well as replacement of the corroding roof structure to avoid potential blowing off or inward collapse.
Scope of works
- Complete roof replacement & joint repairs in two separable portions
- Removal & replacement of roof structure
- Demolition and construction of new ring beam
- Concrete and crack repairs
- Polyurea application
- Joint sealing and epoxy application
- Installation of new ridge ventilator
- Upgrade and install new services