Gallipoli Barracks is located in Enoggera in Queensland. The base was established in 1908 and is a large modern military base. It is home to units of the Headquarters 1 Division, 7th Combat Brigade, Headquarters 6th Combat Support Brigade, 17 Combat Service Support Brigade, 11 Brigade and Headquarters 16th Aviation Brigade.
Works were carried out at building G20 where the 40 year old Defence fuel installation ground fuel point required remediation. The scope of works included:
- Remediation of the existing ground fuel point, including conversion of storage and feed tanks from unleaded petrol to diesel.
- Removal and replacement of ageing bowsers.
- Replacement of the existing two Ebsray V20 positive displacement pumps with centrifugal self-priming pumps.
- Modifications to piping and the installation of bottom loading arms for tanker refuelling.
- Effective communication with the client.
- Eliminated need to trench through contaminated soil by combining power route cabling through existing infrastructure, which minimised risk and reduced the impact on DFI operations.
- Successful delivery and no environmental incidents.
Fuel Infrastructure Upgrades