The Woomera Range Complex, located 450km north-west of Adelaide, is an important Defence capability, testing and evaluation asset that plays a significant role in Australia’s national security.
The demolition works consisted of safe removal of a single story brick building T004 in the Woomera Technical Area within the RAAF Woomera Test Range. The scope of works included:
- Asbestos removal.
- Service isolation and disconnection.
- Demolition of structural steel roof crane frame.
- Demolition of external masonry leaf.
- Demolition of reinforced concrete foundations.
- Demolition of suspended concrete floor.
- Demolition of external roof cladding, gutters, downpipes. timber doors, windows frames and glazing.
- Remote site location.
- Contaminated materials removal and disposal.
- Demolition of external structure.