Gallipoli Barracks is located in Enoggera in Queensland. The base was established in 1908 and is a large modern military base.
It is home to units of the Headquarters 1 Division, 7th Combat Brigade, Headquarters 6th Combat Support Brigade, 17 Combat Service Support Brigade, 11 Brigade and Headquarters 16th Aviation Brigade.
The scope of works involved demolition of existing staircases and balustrades, construction of compliant staircases, supply and installation of new compliant balustrades and handrails, installation of new stair nosing and tactile indicators, construction of new load-bearing fire-rated walls, new fire- rated doors and some new electrical, fire, network (DRN) installation works, across 8 buildings at the barracks.
Main project objectives:
- Carry out fire safety upgrades to the buildings to comply with the current Australian standards.
- Complete the works in a timely manner without negatively impacting building operations/occupants.
- Deliver the works to meet client expectations in terms of quality, finish, fitness for use and design life.
- Execute the project to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Effectively consulted and liaised with building stakeholders to complete the works with minimal interruptions.
- Successfully completed the project with zero environmental incidents and non-conformances.