Protective coatings to thermal sleeves, cold boxes and manholes for the Wheatstone Project LNG plant tanks 0T-2401 and 0T-2402.
The scope of works included:
Thermal sleeves and cold boxes:
Steelwork was prepared by dry abrasive blasting followed by the application of 215 microns of Intertherm 228 (two component epoxy phenolic) and Interthane 990 (two component acrylic polyurethane).
Steelwork was prepared by dry abrasive blasting followed by the application of 415 microns of Intergard 475HS (two component high build epoxy coating) and Interthane 990 (two component acrylic polyurethane).
- Day and night shift crews were utilised to reduce the impact and interface with other concurrent works.
- The challenges of the project included strict adherence to the health and safety guidelines associated with the use of chemicals containing Isocyanates.
- Duratec’s NACE 3 Inspector ensured the coatings met the quality control requirements outlined within the project’s protective coatings specification.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services