Corrosion repair works to the Burrup Sea Water Scheme pipe work, located at Tan Burrup.
The various repairs were completed in order to secure the current condition of the supply pipe, microfiltration plant and sea water intake jetty infrastructure and avoid possible breakdown and degradation.
The scope of works comprised of the removal of existing damaged coatings and blasting and painting to the external surfaces. This included service pipes, microfiltration tank, headstocks and piles. Works also included the removal and replacement of cable trays to sea water intake pipes.
- A three-coat protective coating system was applied including zinc-rich primer, high build epoxy and polyurethane topcoat.
- PVC backed bitumen tape was installed in nominated areas as per the scope of works to provide extra protection.
- Duratec worked closely with Water Corporations QA representative on site in order to complete all necessary quality checks and sign offs for each area.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services