Duratec was engaged by Aqwest to perform grouting and joint repair works to a 79 million litre water tank as part of their Tech Reservoir Refurbishment Stage 3.
The existing joint sealing system had failed and was causing water leaks.
The grouting works included:
- Grouting beneath roof support columns.
- Filing voids and soft/loose zones underneath the floor of the reservoir.
- Reinforcing soil materials underneath the reservoir floor to form a pattern of grout columns.
- Providing watertight repairs to core holes drilled for grouting and investigation purposes.
The joint repairs included:
- Surface preparation and minor remediation of concrete in the vicinity of the construction joints.Installation of steel reinforcement bars.
- Grouting of joints.
- Installation of a surface sealing system.
- Installation of batten system.
Design and construction of a safety system:
As the majority of the works took place on the incline of the reservoir batter, Duratec provided a custom-designed skating platform designed to move up and down the batters on winches.
- Working in the restricted environment of a tank.
- By the completion of the project 1,200 metres of Combiflex, 10,000 litres of microfine grout injection and 89,000 of GP grout injection had been installed.
- Precision Grouting
- Joint Sealing