Repairs to the internal floor surface of the thickener tank floor, located at the Cape Preston Sino Iron Project.
The scope of works included:
- Abrasive blast of the thickener floor.
- Spray application of one coat of epoxy barrier to 250 mic DFT.
- Stripe coating of all welds as required.
- Spray application of a second coat of epoxy barrier to 250 mic DFT.Holiday testing on the thickener floor.
- DFT readings on the thickener floor.
- The works were successfully completed on time and to budget.
- The protective coating used in this project is a two component, low VOC, high solids, modified epoxy barrier coat designed to give long term protection. It will continue to cure when immersed in water and has excellent cathodic disbondment resistance.
- Full holiday testing ensures that there are no unacceptable discontinuities such as pinholes and voids in the final coating finish.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services