AGL required inspection and condition assessment of the concrete chimney stack. Duratec used a Remote Piloted Aircraft and ground camera to collect high definition photography of the structure for the production of a 2mm resolution 3D model.
A desktop condition assessment was completed on the
3D model by tagging defects and entering information in Duratec’s defect database, AnnoView. Defect reporting was delivered overlaid on a 2D plan with the stack image rolled out flat enabling the cylindrical structure to be visualised on one page.
Our new inspection workflow:
- Eliminates the need for rope
- Enables client access to defect reporting and on-going management of defect remediation.
- Provides 3D model and mosaic images as reference for future auditing, upgrade design and maintenance planning.
- Accurate defect itemisation and measurement.
- Visual reporting delivered to client.
- Integrated model and defect tagging.
- Reduced risk – no rope access or working at heights.