In operation since 1860, St Kilda Sea Baths are Australia’s only indoor, heated and filtered seawater pool.
In addition to the pool, the complex houses some of Melbourne’s finest bars, café’s, restaurants, a health club and a day spa.
Duratec was engaged by Knight Frank to remediate the corroded concrete in the pool plant room and install a hybrid cathodic protection system.
The scope of works included:
- Breakout of all delaminated concrete on the plant room main wall.
- Inspection and augmentation of steel reinforcement.
- Reinstatement of a breakout using a concrete repair mortar.
- Drilling of 550 holes for the installation of discrete anodes.
- Termination of cables into a junction box.
- Backfill of anode holes and cable chases with a repair mortar.
- Inspection and monitoring of anodes by measuring the current to ensure they switch to galvanic mode.
- Work was completed on time and safely in a tight shutdown window and in close proximity to other contractors in the area.
- Concrete Repair
- Cathodic Protection Design
- Remedial Engineering