Duratec was engaged to perform a visual inspection of the chimney’s concrete windshield, annulus hood and steel access system.
The UAV inspection was performed whilst the stack was online. Duratec provided the client with:
- A video referencing the defects.
- A comprehensive report which was used by the asset owner to price remedial works during the next outage.
- To complete the inspection 2 personnel were required over 3 shifts of 8 hours, whereas a rope access inspection would have necessitated 3 people during 4 12 hour shifts.
- Concrete cracks as small as 0.2mm in width were able to be identified with the UAV camera system.
- ROV, UAV & Robotic Engineering Inspections
- Industrial Chimney