Shenton Village is a 66 unit retirement complex in the western suburbs of Perth. The existing courtyard flooring system was showing signs of water damage, with leakage into the basement car park below and flooding in some areas.
Duratec was engaged to provide a remedial solution to rectify the issues, including the removal and replacement of the existing floor with a new non-slip paving system, new protective coatings to selected steel surfaces, the refurbishment of the pergola structure and landscaping.
The scope of works included:
- Building fabric removal.
- Metal corrosion repairs.
- Stormwater drainage repairs.
- Concrete repairs.
- Crack injection repairs.
- Joint sealant repairs.
- Waterproofing membrane repairs.
- Epoxy level screed.
- Reinstallation of pavers.
- Fencing repairs (balustrade).
- New pergola structure.
- Courtyard landscaping.
- To allow for proper drainage, the new pavers were laid on pedestals and new falls to drain and drainage outlets were installed.
- The works were completed while the facility was fully occupied.