Duratec was engaged by Pilbara Ports Authority to complete blasting and coating repair works to severely corroded patches on piles at PPA’s Utah Point operations in Port Hedland.
In order to preserve the sensitive marine environment, Duratec utilised an environmentally friendly abrasive blasting method.
Used as an alternative to costly and time-consuming containment, vacuum blasting systems combine abrasive blasting and abrasive media recovery simultaneously.
The scope of work included:
- Install access equipment/access via boat.
- Surface preparation using vacuum blast unit to achieve the required profile.
- Coating application to the surface prepped areas according to PPA System 1 Coating Specification.
- Works continued on a regular basis with visits to site every month.
- Project completion reports with tracker showing the works performed on every visit issued to client.
- 100% dust free operation as a result of fully automated blasting and vacuum start/stop sequence.
- Complete recovery of spent garnet and very minimal usage of abrasive blast media compared to other abrasive blast techniques.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting