RAAF Base Williamtown is home to the tactical fighter
element of the Air Combat Group and both the Airborne
Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) and Air Traffic Control elements of Surveillance and Response Group.
Combined, these elements manage six flying squadrons from RAAF Williamtown. Combat Support Group via 26 Squadron manage and operate the Defence Fuel Installation providing aviation fuel to support flying operations.
Duratec has been engaged to abrasive blast and apply protective coatings to the internals and externals of the VST and QCI tanks.
The scope of works includes:
- Scaffold the internals of all tanks.
- Carry out thickness testing of the floor, walls and roof of tanks.
- Blast and paint the internals with a protective coating.
- Spot repair the externals of tanks, this includes walkways and stairways.
Scaffold the externals of all tanks.
Carry out thickness testing of the walls of tanks.
Spot repair the internals of the QCI 2.
Blast and paint the externals of tanks, this includes walkways and stairways.
- Coordination of multiple trades on a tight program.
- Working within the restrictions of a live fuel farm.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services