Built in 1925, the Regal Theatre is a South Australian heritage-listed landmark. Duratec was recently hired to carry out concrete repairs to the building’s exterior.
Key aspects of the works included:
- Removal of the topcoat of paint and external render to expose the concrete surface.
- Removal of loose and drummy concrete.
- Repair of cracks in the concrete using a low-pressure epoxy crack injection.
- Installation of additional steel reinforcing and ligatures.
- Patch repair sections of concrete with a high strength repair mortar.
- Painting and waterproofing of the front elevation sills.
- Continual stakeholder engagement to complete works with minimal disruption to scheduled shows.
- Working on a main arterial road, minimising disruption to traffic.
- Document and perform repairs to front elevation.