RAAF Pearce in Perth’s north, is home to No. 2 Flying Training School and No. 79 Squadron.
Duratec has been engaged to perform remediation works, HVAC installations, heights safety upgrades and the supplying of new gym equipment to buildings and structures at the base.
The scope of works included:
- Gymnasium – new gym matting and 4 crash barrier mats to Training Area.
- Weapons Training Facility – a new class 10 structure.
- HVAC upgrades to the Communications Room at 5 facilities.
- Gymnasium roof remediation.
- Explosive ordnance facility structural remediation.
- Air Traffic Control Centre – new double doors and steps to the ground floor, kitchen and toilet refurbishment, fall protection eyelets and static line to the observation deck.
- PEA AAS fall protection – installation of 3 safety barriers at Aircraft Arrestor System pit
- Works where conducted with minimal disruption to Defence operations.
- Building renovations and remediation.
- Construction of a new all weather training shelter.
- Building Fit Out
- HVAC Upgrades