HMAS Stirling is the Royal Australian Navy’s primary base on the west coast and is located on Garden Island, 5km off the Western Australian coast.
The scope included:
- Demolition of existing dilapidated timber walers on the east wharf of the Small Ships Moresby Harbour.
- Fabrication and installation of 200lm of new custom steel walers, painted with marine grade high build epoxy protective coating.
- Installation of composite recycled plastic fender rubbing strips and replacement of aging sway chains.
- Connection of walers to existing steel piles and rubber cone fenders.
- Structural steel installation.
- On-site blast and painting with marine grade protective coatings.
- Recycled wood plastic composite fenders.
Fender Repairs & Upgrades