Pilbara Ports Authority engaged Duratec to complete surface preparation and coating repairs to capstans, located at the Pilbara Port Authority Dampier Bulk Liquid Berth.
The scope included:
- High pressure wash to remove residual contaminants.
- Hand preparation of corroded locations to a minimum class St3 using a pneumatic surface preparation tool.
- Preparation of remaining existing coatings by abrasive paper.
- Application of a light coloured epoxy barrier coat to the bare steel locations.
- Application of a coat of black acrylic polyurethane finish.
- The works were carried out on an operating port facility during shipping breaks utilising Duratec’s experienced local crew.
- Hand tool preparation was utilised for the works to accommodate stringent environmental restrictions in the operating port facility.
- Duratec utilised our in-house local NACE inspection team for all QA/QC requirements.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings