KEJV is a joint venture between Kiewit Australia and Ertech formed specifically for the Wheatstone Project.
The Construction General Services #3 contract commenced in April 2013 and includes installation and maintenance of underground and aboveground utilities, construction and maintenance of roads and laydown areas, site support and procurement of materials.
Duratec was engaged by KEJV to apply protective coatings to a wide range of substrates including coatings to above and below ground weld joints, touch-up painting and Denso wrapping.
Substrates included concrete, stainless steel, carbon steel and mild steel. Coatings included organic zincs, epoxies and polyurethanes, many of which were two and three coat systems.
- The project team of six were commended by the client for their outstanding performance in regards to safety, quality, productivity and problem solving.
- The project involves very strict environmental management guidelines to ensure impact on the environment is minimal.
- Duratec’s NACE 2 Inspector ensured the coatings met the quality control requirements outlined within the project’s protective coatings specification.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services