The Wandoo oilfield is located 75km north-west of Dampier, WA, in the relatively shallow water depth of 55 metres.
The Wandoo B Platform is a concrete gravity structure that was installed in 1997, which is currently owned and operated by Vermilion Oil and Gas.
As part of life extension program Neptune and Duratec were engaged to complete a detailed inspection of the concrete gravity structure.
The works involved working off ropes to conduct a close visual inspection of the concrete structures down to the high water mark. Concrete cover meter and half-cell potential testing was also conducted.
Back on the beach, Duratec’s Engineers compiled a detailed factual report include scales defect maps, photo records, test results and general defect diagnosis. This information was then used by Vermilion as part of the life extension program.
- Completed scope and demobilised ahead of schedule.
- 32 core samples secured for testing all from ropes.
- Comprehensive visual surveys completed across 16 representative drops.
- Live streaming HD footage used to allow Vermilion Engineers to view the works and communicate with the Inspection Team.
- Condition Assessment
- Durability Planning & Materials Selection
- Non Destructive Testing & Structural Health Monitoring