The Wandoo oilfield is located 75km north-west of Dampier, WA, in the relatively shallow water depth of 55 metres.
The Wandoo B Platform is a concrete gravity structure that was installed in 1997, which is currently owned and operated by Vermilion Oil and Gas.
As part of life extension program Neptune and Duratec were engaged to complete a close visual inspection and report for the conductor frame and various raiser conduits in the splash zone. The inspection was completed using a specialised rope access team from Neptune. The Duratec Engineering Team was onsite to witness the inspections and also complete a few drops themselves.
The data was then gathered and a comprehensive report completed included an assessment of the coating damage to the various conduits and support frames in accordance with ASTM D610-08(2012) Standard Practice for Evaluating Degree of Rusting on Painted Steel Surfaces.int
- Rope access inspection in splash zone.
- Assessment in accordance with ASTM D610-08(2012) Standard Practice for Evaluating Degree of Rusting on Painted Steel Surfaces.
- IRATA trained Duratec Engineers were onsite to conduct representative inspections.
- Condition Assessment
- Durability Planning & Materials Selection
- Non Destructive Testing & Structural Health Monitoring