Duratec was contracted to perform concrete and joint repairs to the multi-storey car park at Lakeside Joondalup Shopping Centre.
Located in Perth’s northern suburbs, the car park was constructed in 2008 and is in excess of 55,000m2 in size.
The structural system consists of a regular grid of columns supported on reinforced concrete pad foundations. The deck is a banded flat slab post tensioned system with columns connected by insitu cast band beams spanning east to west and around the perimeter and post tensioned reinforced deck slabs spanning north to south between band beams.
The scope of works included:
- Installation of corbel angle, vehicle impact barriers, new pedestrian crossing, new gulley, new expansion joint seal and plate, perforated mesh to beam arris, permanent propping and openings to stairwells to create natural light.
- Patch repairs.
- Refix of dislodged kerbing.
- Painting of soffit.
- Repairs to car park joint.
- The shopping centre remained open at all times.
- Due to the summer sea breeze, all spraying of paint was conducted between 4:30am and 11:00am.
- Parking bays were blocked off to a minimum and re-opened at peak times to minimise the impact of the works.
- Concrete Repair
- Joint Sealing