HMAS Stirling and Fleet Base West are home to Royal Australian Navy activities on Garden Island, approximately 35 kilometres south of Perth.
The precinct provides operational and logistical support to the Navy’s surface fleet, submarines and aircraft stationed in WA.
Duratec was engaged to remediate hangars located at the helicopter support facility.
The scope of works included:
- Abrasive blasting and coating of the hangar doors.
- Architectural painting to window frames, eaves, cabinets, doors and frames and fascias.
- Duratec carried out the works in conjunction with the builders program including liaising with other trades when cladding needed to be removed to access work areas.
- Duratec already has a presence at HMAS Stirling and was able to service this site from the infrastructure and equipment already in place.
- A variety of access systems were utilised.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings