Duratec was engaged to supply and install the CD1/CD2 tail track fencing, located at Rio Tinto’s Cape Lambert operations which consisted of 1km of 20 each of 1100mm x 50m sections of chain link fencing fixed to railway sleepers.
The scope of works included:
- Coating of railway sleepers with epoxy.
- Pre drilling of holes for post installation.
- Installation of posts.
- Transport sleepers and posts to site.
- Install temporary fencing barricade from train movements.
- Lay-out posts.
- Bolt on post connectors and twitch and wire up chain link fencing.
- Install signage as required.
- Reuse of 340 discarded rail sleepers, these were coated with surface tolerant epoxy coating in Duratec’s blast and paint facility in Karratha.
- Installation of 1km of fencing with Duratec M5 and M2 trained personnel.
- Works were implement and delivered in a safe manner without any incidents, on time and to a high quality.
- Specialist Civil Services