Duratec was contracted to refurbish gold processing leach tanks at Boddington Gold Mine.
The ongoing contract involves the project management and implementation of the complete refurbishment of the tanks. The works include isolating and emptying the tank, to the full application of a protective coating system.
After access to the tank internal was gained, a full inspection took place of the protective coating and steelwork using NDT equipment and coating thickness gauges. All gearboxes, motors and the agitator shaft and downcomers were removed for complete repair.
The tank was then hydro-blasted to remove damaged or out-of-spec coating areas, before being abrasive blasted followed by the installation of a high performance elastomeric urethane.
On completion, all refurbished components were reinstated and the tank filled and tested prior to continuing to extract gold for the client.
- 2000 microns was applied to the walls and 3000 microns was applied to the high wear areas.
- Full holiday and DFT testing took place by Duratec’s NACE qualified inspector.
- The degree of difficulty was increased due to the cold and wet winter climate which shortened blast and paint windows.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services