Duratec is a solutions-driven contractor, providing whole-of-life engineering, construction and remediation services.
We work to extend the life of existing assets and infrastructure. In doing so, we help to reduce reliance on the development of new infrastructure. In partnership with our clients, we work to provide long-term, sustainable and intergenerational outcomes whilst considering harsh environmental factors.
With an in-house technical team, one of our unique offerings is our ability to provide condition assessments to determine the level of deterioration and decline, and then develop 3D models of these assets to assess and monitor changes over time.
As a national contractor working across a range of industries, we understand the potential environmental impacts of our work are varied. With this in mind, we work in strict accordance with our Environmental Management System, certified to ISO 14001.
This is supported by the following corporate policies which are reviewed annually by senior management and acted upon by all employees:
- Environmental Policy
- Sustainability Policy
- Climate Change Policy
With an aim to be both socially and environmentally sustainable, Duratec has developed an Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Committee. We have identified eight of the United Nation Sustainable Development Goal’s which align with our work including:
- Good health and well-being
- Gender equality
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
Clean Up Australia Day, and Tree Planting & Weed Prevention
Our key priorities and focuses include:
- Duratec has commenced our transition to renewable energy sourcing. 14 of our offices are on an average of 20% Greenpower, and we’re currently working hard to grow this number.
- We engage in annual initiatives including ‘Plastic Free July’ and ‘Clean Up Australia Day’. In particular, Clean Up Australia Day is a great opportunity for our teams to get outside and improve the environment in which we work.
- In July 2023 our Victorian team undertook a Tree Planting Day with the ‘Friends of Gardiner Creek Valley’ volunteer group. The team planted hundreds of indigenous fauna, with the goal to re-establish a crucial wildlife corridor in the area.
- We work with several recycling contractors to identify niche recycling opportunities and limit our reliance on landfill. This includes the recycling of non-compliant aluminum composite cladding panels on all of our building & façade projects.
- Duratec has recently attained a ‘Silver’ Ecovadis Sustainability rating placing us in the top 25% of all companies rated globally by Ecovadis.
- We have a strong health and safety culture, led by senior management and prioritised by all Duratec team members.
- Duratec have a dedicated Injury and Wellbeing Advisor available to assist our personnel.
- Our 2022 Modern Slavery Statement outlines our commitment to ensuring our supply chain remains ethical.
- We have a robust Mental First Aid program, working to upskill our staff and ensure the availability of mental health assistance to those in need. This is supported by our Employee Assistance Program.
- Social and sponsorship funding is allocated to each of our divisions. Duratec has a number of charitable involvements; as detailed in our Community page.
- Duratec actively seeks to procure from Supply Chain accredited organisations and increase opportunities for indigenous engagement and employment.
Blue Tree Project, and rainbow toy truck
- Duratec has an experienced Board of Directors with a wide cross-section of experience
- Duratec has a publicly available Whistleblower Policy.
We recognise that as our climate changes, our approach to sustainability must change. Duratec remains future-focused and will continue to identify innovations and opportunities that enable us to act sustainably and limit our carbon footprint. With this work ethic, we can deliver long-term and durable outcomes for our clients.