The Training Ship (TS) Vancouver building is currently owned and operated by the Australian Department of Defence.
Opened in 1955 in Albany, the facility’s primary function is to provide youth development in the Australian Navy Cadets.
Duratec was engaged by Jones Lang LaSalle to carry out remediation works to the cadet building which comprises of office space, ablution and kitchen facilities and a drill hall.
The scope of works included:
- Asbestos removal.
- Plumbing works.
- Electrical upgrades.
- Bathroom renovations.
- Structural remediation works.
- Carpentry works.
- Vinyl floor installation.
- No safety or environmental issues occurred during these works.
- The project was completed successfully within the prescribed timeframe, including variations not included in the original scope.
- The remediation works have significantly increased the overall lifespan of the building.
- Building Fit Out
- Asbestos & Lead Paint Removal
- Electrical Upgrades