Smith Creek Wharf No.1, previously known as Mason’s Wharf is a general cargo berth for commercial vessels. The wharf spans approximately 54m in length and 6m in width.
Duratec was engaged by Ports North to carry out structural strengthening works to the steel piles and various concrete remediation work.
The scope included:
- Seal cracks by injecting polyurethane grout.
- Removal of corroded steel pile sections.
- Installation of structural strengthening plates by welding.
- Application of Denso protective system for corrosion prevention.
- Significant concrete repairs to the wharf quay line.
- Application of silane coating to the concrete surfaces.
- Project was completed within a short duration to reduce downtime to shipping operations.
- Repairs were carried out to suit ongoing shipping operations.
- Scaffolding was specifically designed to allow ongoing use of the wharf during the contract.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting