The General Post Office is a heritage landmark building built in 1923 and is located on Forrest Place in Perth’s CBD.
Duratec was engaged by Northerly Commercial to perform concrete repairs to penetrations and exposed steel in the basement, and on the ground level and level 1.
The scope included:
- Aesthetic repairs to concrete beams.
- Repairs to slab.
- Core holes patch repair.
- Concrete remediation works to escalator infills.
- Replacement of stone and balustrading.
- Being a heritage listed building all repair materials and finishes were completed in sympathy with the existing substrate.
- Due to the poor existing concrete strength and consistency, Duratec sourced materials that provided additional strength and till performed to the engineer’s requirements.
- Facade Refurbishments
- Preservation of Heritage Structures