Duratec was engaged by McNab to undertake various facade restoration works to this heritage listed building in Ashgrove, Brisbane.
Since it’s construction in 1931 various elements of the facade of the tower had deteriorated significantly and were in need of repair, including the striking semi-gothic style tracery in the
The scope of work included:
- Identifying various defects on the building.
- Providing expert recommendations on the repairs prior to the commencement of restoration.
- Carrying out miscellaneous concrete repairs to the window frames prior to repainting.
- Undertaking repairs on cracked and spalled facade features.
- Works at height were conducted using an EWP.
- Like for like restoration of facade features.
- The building remained fully operational whilst repairs were being conducted
- Facade Refurbishments
- Preservation of Heritage Structures