Preparation and application of coatings to the externals of leach tank 3 onsite at ERA’s Ranger Mine.
The mine is located 8km east of Jabiru and 260km south east of Darwin. The scope included:
- Installation of encapsulation to scaffold.
- Abrasive blast of tank externals to remove existing coating and achieve a class 2.5 blast – AS 1627.
- Spray application of a two component zinc epoxy primer by airless spray unit to a minimum of 75 microns DFT.
- Spray application of a two component high solids epoxy by airless spray unit to a minimum of 125 microns DFT.
- Works completed successfully and on time with no accidents, injuries or environmental incidents.
- The degree of difficulty was increased with the works being completed with the tank online.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Tank & Pipeline Integrity Services