Located 120km north-west of Kalgoorlie, the first gold processing plant at Davyhurst was built by WMC Resources in 1986 and changed owners many times before being placed under care and maintenance in 2007.
Its new owners, Eastern Goldfields, plan to bring it back on line in mid 2017 and engaged Duratec directly to perform site-wide concrete and steel refurbishment works to all areas throughout the plant.
The scope of work included:
- Blast and paint of all leach, absorption and elution tanks.
- Blast and paint of all structural steel in the crusher, screen and rolling mill buildings as well as conveyors 1 to 6.
- Blast and paint of fine ore bin.
- Concrete repair to all vertical surfaces in the crusher and rolling mill.
- Concrete repair to all building and conveyor pedestals.
- Concrete repair to re-install containment bunds in the rolling mill and tanks area.
- Duratec was involved in the planning stages of the refurbishment and provided the project scope and repair methodologies for the entire plant.
- Duratec worked closely with other contractors to expedite the work in a systematic and planned way.
- Duratec developed the painting specification based on previous experience and industry standards.
- Duratec engaged and supervised ultra high pressure water blasting for tank coating removal and hydrodemolition works to access hard to reach repair areas.
- Dry spray gunite was used to reinstate concrete to vertical surfaces.
- Duratec will be remaining on site to perform works additional to the original project scope.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Concrete Repair