Duratec was engaged by Downer Group to perform blasting and painting works to a variety of fixed plant assets at BHP’s Finucane Island operations in north-west WA.
Key features of the project included:
For non-shut-down periods, Duratec planned all aspects of the works to minimise disruptions to operations.
Worked with sub-contractors to gain appropriate and safe access to repair areas, including planning and utilising scaffold builds and elevated work platform access.
Coordinated paint repairs with multi-coat systems to suit site specifications and guarantee the highest protection possible in a coastal environment.
Repairs were prioritised throughout multiple plant locations, which created not only efficiency of work, but also allowed for flexibility around other work groups.
Coating inspection by NACE certified inspectors and detailed quality documents for each repair ensured a high quality and durable finish.
Duratec worked closely with Downer and BHP representatives to successfully deliver the project.
- Collaborative approach with multi contractor crews.
- Flexibility of work fronts on site in rapidly changing project environment.
- Multiple roster rotations over a number months on site.
- Intermittent shutdown works included (day and nightshift).
- Working at height with elevated work platforms.
- High standard of quality control and tracking of hundreds of minor repairs.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting