Bachrach Naumberger enlisted Duratec’s expertise to install 1,040m2 of trafficable waterproof membrane to the upper level of the car park at 301 Coronation Drive, a landmark office building close to the Brisbane River.
The existing failed fibre glass acrylic membrane was removed and crack and slab repairs carried out prior to the application of a flexible polyurethane car park deck coating system.
The coating system is not only waterproof and cosmetically enhancing, but also reduces noise, is slip and fire resistant 100% UV light stable and has excellent resistance to cracking and chemicals.
- The finished product exceeded the client’s expectations.
- The works were completed within the shut down time allocated and budget.
- The preparation works were carried out at night to accommodate restrictive noise issues for the client.
- 24 hours after completion a 100mm rain event occurred and the waterproofing component was reflected with no leaking to the underside of the slab.
- Trafficable polyurethane was installed to expansion joints.