Duratec was engaged to clean the large red tubular sculpture suspended over the elevators in the lobby of 125 St Georges Terrace in Perth’s CBD.
The scope included:
- Eddy current testing of lift point attachment welds on lifting beam.
- Visual examination of lifting beam.
- Certified visual inspection (CVI) of all associated rigging.
- Installation of inspection tags on all compliant items.
- All existing shackles were moused.
- Set up of rope access and rescue systems.
- Set up of barricading and signage below to direct people into a side lift away from the escalators.
- Dusting of entire sculpture inclusive of inner surfaces.
- Works were completed safely in one third of the allowed time.
- Eddy current testing was performed to ensure the structural integrity of the weld conformed to AS 1554.1 and Table 6 Cat SP.
- The CVI was performed on lifting equipment to ensure all associated rigging components complied with relevant Australian Standards.
- Condition Assessment
- Non Destructive Testing & Structural Health Monitoring
- Technical Lifting & Rigging