Duratec was engaged by Lend Lease to repair defects at Lakeside Shopping Centre. The two storey retail centre was constructed 23 years ago and has undergone a significant expansion since. The centre houses over 300 stores and has a floor area of over 96,000m2.
The scope of works included:
- Installation of fire protected steel support columns to fractured band beams.
- Installation of crack monitor gauges.
- Concrete patching and crack repairs.
- Grouting of post tensioning pans.
- Replacement of construction joint.
- Installation of angle bracket to corbel.
- Carbon fibre structural strengthening.
- Installation of new catch trays.
- Fitout including vinyl floors, gyprock, suspended ceiling and paint.
- Duratec delivered a tailored remedial solution to improve the service life and serviceability of the stores. This was achieved through the rectification of the water ingress issues, the removal and replacement of the defective concrete and the installation of new structural elements, drip trays and various other elements.
- The works will prevent further deterioration of the building elements and preserve the integrity of the structure, eliminating potential public liability issues arising from these defects.
- Building Fit Out
- Concrete Repair
- Structural Strengthening